Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018, is conducted by IISc & IITs collaboration. This national level examination is conducted every year which offers Masters Education in Engineering & Technical Fields through the Indian Institute of Technology. All candidates who qualify this examination offers admission in IITs/IISc. We discuss below details on important topic about the GATE Eligibility Criteria, Marks and Percentage & Attempting Status. You all need to read before apply.
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All candidates going to apply for upcoming Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering must have education qualification & age limitation criteria as given in official notification. The GATE Eligibility Criteria which need to be having by each candidate to appear in examination. The authority will accept application for if you carry eligibility criteria on this examination. The eligibility criteria consisting you details about GATE age limit, GATE eligibility marks & percentage after give look to these terms if you maintain, eligible to fill up application form. Mainly these factors come under eligibility criteria of GATE 2018.
- Age Limit
- Eligibility Marks
- Percentage Required
GATE 2018 Age Limit
Firstly we would like to give good information is there is no upper age limitation and the candidates completed their bachelor’s degree achievement can apply. There are no age restrictions for examination.
GATE 2018 Eligibility Marks
Here is the sample about the pattern of examination; the candidates must score GATTE Cut off Marks which is also pronouncing by GATE Eligibility Marks. Firstly I would like to inform about subject wise questions and marks role after that the eligibility marks is mentioned below.
- There will be 100 marks paper comprising 65 objective type questions
- There will be only one right answer among four option
- Numerical questions carries one or two marks
- There is no sectional cut off applied
- In General aptitude topic there will be 10 question put up for 15 marks and it is compulsory to attempt, General aptitude Questions are common for all candidates in which 5 questions carry 1 marks & 5 questions for 2 marks as view of total 15 marks.
If we give summary about each subject section these the results
- General Aptitude Cover 15% of the total marks
- -Engineering Mathematics carries 15% of total score
- Technical subject carries 70% of the total marks
Negative marking is applicable as follows
- 1/3 marks is reduce for a question of 1 mark
- 2/3 marks is reduce for a question of 2 marks
About section wise marks distribution
- From Questions 1 to 25- 1 mark awarded for each right question & 1/3 mark deduction on each wrong answer
- For Questions 26 to 55- – 2 mark awarded for each right question & 2/3 mark deduction on each wrong answer.
- For Questions 56 to 65- For General Aptitude (15 marks) & Negative Marking of 1/3 for one mark question & 2/3 for two mark question.
GATE 2018 Education Qualification:
- The candidate has graduation qualification in B. Tech/ B.E. / B. Pharm/ B. Arch from any recognized university.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/ BSc. Research from recognized university.
- The candidates must possess master’s degree in Mathematics/Science/Computer or equivalent or statistics or five years B. S. /M. S. or M. Tech or M. E. after B. Sc can also apply.
- All applicants appearing in the final years of mention above qualifying examination can also apply, they not to submit a certificate from Principal of University or College.
- All candidates who have qualified need to submit their degree certificate along with provisional certificate as proof.
GATE Number of Attempts
The interested candidates can apply several times no foundation for attempts. But we suggest qualifying this examination in first or second attempt.
GATE 2018 Percentage Required
- From Gate 2018 the percentage score validity is 3 years.
- The GATTE 2018 Score Card is preferred also in leading private sector organizations.
- ORS is evaluated by copter process, need to use scan machine
- The validity of GATE 2018 score card is for 3 years